About the Foundation
The Barker Foundation is the agent for our Barker community that inspires tomorrow's Barker for us all, through progressive ideas and programs, scholarships, inclusivity initiatives, and future learning spaces.
Celebrating 40 Years
2022 marked the 40th anniversary of the Barker College Foundation.
Incorporated in 1981, the first meeting of the Foundation was held on 23 March 1982. In a letter sent to the parent community in June that year, the Foundation’s aims were outlined:
“The Foundation aims to endow and strengthen the School by encouraging the gift of funds and by stimulating people to use their talent and experience for the welfare of Barker.”
Whilst the purpose of the Foundation has not changed over the past four decades, its role and how it can continue to actively support a now fully coed School, both philanthropically and in kind, is something that the Directors of the Foundation continue to act upon.
Read more about the work of the Foundation and the long History of Generosity by the Barker community.
The Directors of the Foundation represent a diverse group of talented current and past parents, some of whom are also old boys and girls of the School, who generously provide their time, skills and knowledge, to assist Barker. Read more about our current Foundation Directors here.
Our 5 Pillars
The 2022 – 2024 Strategic Plan for the Foundation has as its focus, five pillars, namely:
- Indigenous Education - continue to grow and develop the model of learning ‘on country’.
- Partners for the Future program – building on the goodwill and relationships the School has with its community.
- Named Scholarships – introducing new Named Scholarship for our students through the support of the Barker community.
- Fundraising and Financial Endowment – engaging the community on the journey to provide students with opportunities that realise their dream of a Barker education.
- Community – bringing together our Alumni, current and past parents, grandparents, staff and friends to support the School’s Vision to inspire every learner, in every experience, every day.
There are many ways you can support the work of the Foundation and any of its 5 Pillars. Please consider donating to Barker or if you would like to learn more contact the Head of Advancement and Communications.