Our Master Plan

Our Master Plan

Schools hold their sites in sacred trust across the generations.  This School has had the same magnificent site since 1895.

Barker has been located on its current site since 1895 and successive generations of leaders and families have contributed to the beautiful campus we see today. Naturally the educational landscape has changed immeasurably within that time and as such development work and refurbishment of key spaces are a key part of Barker’s Master Plan in order to provide the best facilities for our students. Our School dreams of contributing to a sense of hope, of confidence and capacity for young learners. We are thinking of the students of Barker today, whilst building with the future in mind.

Science Laboratories

Opened Term 2 2021, this refurbishment provides 10 science laboratories/classrooms including Prep rooms and a Science Extension room.

Junior School Extension

Opened at the commencement of the 2021 academic year, this extension provides an additional 10 classrooms for senior primary students.  The building is linked on each level and includes new landscaped areas around the facilities.

Maths Building

Built over three levels, this exciting development at the end of The Avenue will provide 23 classrooms, Senior student commons area, administration offices and a student cafeteria when finished in 2022. Work will commence on this project mid 2021.

Student Cafeteria Development Proposal

Barker College is undertaking development of a Cafeteria in accordance with the provisions of the State Environmental Planning Policy (Educational Establishments and Child Care Facilities) 2017 and NSW Code of Practice for Part 5 Activities for registered non-government schools. All relevant documentation including the Review of Environmental Factors and Decision Statement is available through the following link.

Download Community Letter here

Cafeteria and Administration Building

Student Cafeteria Development Proposal

Decision Statement

Did you know?

The Mint Gates were purchased from the Sydney Mint in Macquarie Street by the Chairman of Council, Sir John Butters, and gifted to the School in 1938.