Girls Sport - Years 10-12
Girls' Sport - Years 10-12
Participation in sport is compulsory for all girls at Barker from Year 10 to Year 12. Girls are offered a wide choice of sports and compete in the Independent Sporting Association (ISA) and local competitions. The ISA provides girls with the representative pathway to CIS (Combined Independent Schools), NSW All Schools and eventually Australian All Schools.
Girls commit to a Summer (Terms 1 and 4) and a Winter (Terms 2 and 3) sport. These include - Basketball, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Fencing, Hockey, Netball, Physical Conditioning, Softball, Squash, Surf Lifesaving, Tennis, Tae Kwon Do, Touch Football, and Waterpolo.
In addition to our compulsory Sport, students have the opportunity to participate in Athletics, Swimming and Cross Country.
Strength and Conditioning
At Barker we have an experienced, passionate, and dedicated Strength and Conditioning team. The team works not only within Barker’s two performance gyms, but also outside on the School's multiple fields and venues. Working with teams, and one-on-one with students, the Strength and Conditioning team ensures the students are developing not only stronger bodies, but also stronger minds.
Our Strength and Conditioning team also offer a Barker Performance Program (BPP) to all athletes of all abilities. The goal of BPP is to develop athletes from any sport to become the best athletes possible by providing; personalised programs, prehab and rehab programs, functional movement screens, performance testing, and much more.
Barker Girls enjoyed many individual achievements and many outstanding team results in 2017:
- 1st Basketball won the Sydney Flames pre-season tournament.
- Five students were selected for the ISA Open Girls Basketball team
- 1st place in the Intermediate Division and 2nd place in the Senior Division at the ISA Swimming Championships
- 21st Softball Premiership title
- Champions of the inaugural schoolgirls Rugby 7s competition
- 1st place to Intermediate and Senior girls Athletics teams at ISA championships
- Several students were selected in Australian teams for Basketball, Mountain Biking and Football.