Girls Sport - Years 10-12
Girls' Sport - Years 10-12
Participation in sport is compulsory for all girls at Barker from Year 10 to Year 12. Girls are offered a wide choice of sports and compete in the Independent Sporting Association (ISA) and local competitions. The ISA provides girls with the representative pathway to CIS (Combined Independent Schools), NSW All Schools and eventually Australian All Schools.
Girls commit to a Summer (Terms 1 and 4) and a Winter (Terms 2 and 3) sport. These include - Basketball, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Fencing, Hockey, Netball, Physical Conditioning, Softball, Squash, Surf Lifesaving, Tennis, Tae Kwon Do, Touch Football, and Waterpolo.
In addition to our compulsory Sport, students have the opportunity to participate in Athletics, Swimming and Cross Country. Barker Girls also have the opportunity to use The Barker Bunker (Girls' Gym), this is open to all abilities and gives students the opportunity to participate in group fitness classes, have an individual program written to increase their strength and fitness, or assist them during the rehabilitation from injury.
Barker Girls have enjoyed many individual achievements and many outstanding team results in 2017:
- 1st Basketball won the Sydney Flames pre-season tournament.
- Five students were selected for the ISA Open Girls Basketball team
- 1st place in the Intermediate Division and 2nd place in the Senior Division at the ISA Swimming Championships
- 21st Softball Premiership title
- Champions of the inaugural schoolgirls Rugby 7s competition
- 1st place to Intermediate and Senior girls Athletics teams at ISA championships
- Several students were selected in Australian teams for Basketball, Mountain Biking and Football.