The Planning Pathway
- Barker has taken the first step in the State Significant Development (SSD) planning pathway by lodging a request with the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) for the Secretary's Environmental Assessment Requirements (SEARs).
- Barker will prepare an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS). As part of the preparation of the EIS, Barker is engaging with Aboriginal elders and organisations and undertaking an Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessment. It’s also engaging with its neighbours, the School community and Hornsby Shire Council. Community feedback will be considered and inform the next phases of planning.
- In early February 2022, Barker intends to lodge a State Significant Development Application (SSDA).
- The SSDA will be on public exhibition with the DPIE approximately four weeks after lodgement. Further community consultation will take place at this time.
- The timing of construction will be determined once the planning application is approved.
- Pending approval, the first step would include traffic upgrades.