(Thursday) 12 Oct 7:00 PM
Rhodes Theatre, RE Kefford Building,
RB Finlay Walk,
91 Pacific Highway,
HORNSBY NSW 2077
Join our Twilight Series for the first ever ‘Agriculture After Dark’. This forum lead by Saxon Wright will look at Agricultural issues that affect consumers and will focus on Coffee.Rhodes Theatre, RE Kefford Building, RB Finlay Walk, Barker College, 91 Pacific Highway, HORNSBY NSW 2077 DD/MM/YYYY
Agriculture After Dark with Saxon Wright
Join us for the first ever ‘Agriculture After Dark’, Barker Institute Twilight Series. In this forum we are joined by Saxon Wright (CEO & Founder of Pablo & Rusty’s Coffee Roasters).
Saxon will speak to us about:
- His personal journey starting Pablo & Rusty’s, in the wider coffee industry and from his journeys around the world sourcing and judging coffee
- The Agriculture behind Coffee production (Paddock to Cup)
- The Business side of the coffee industry (including issues around Fairtrade and the global coffee trade)
- Sustainability and Research of both production on-farm and innovation he is working on around reusable cups
- Tips for the Coffee connoisseur and Home Barista
- Q&A with the audience
Saxon has been working in coffee for over 20 years across the entire supply chain from farms and processing, roasting and running café’s. He has pioneered many initiatives that are now standards in the coffee industry and is leading the way in terms of focus on sustainability and innovation.
He also recently co-founded a new venture in southern China, Yunnan Coffee Traders, developing specialty coffees and researching varietal and processing methods to advance the local Chinese coffee growing industry. In partnership with Yunnan Coffee Traders, they have now developed Huskee - a company focused on eliminating waste at a farm level by producing ceramic alternative cups to supply the café and consumer markets. Come and see the latest surprising eco cup and join us for a coffee tasting too.